Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What is going on?

Yesterday marked two weeks since the tragedy. Saturday J and I drove by their house on our way to our friends' home. Road crews had covered over the skid marks in front of the house.... My heart re-broke for the family. Sunday I read about this incident on my brother and sister-in-law's page and last night at class some of my co-workers were talking about this - a couple of them were on the scene responders. Is there a rise in tragedies or am I just that much more aware of it because of my job? My heart goes out to every responder and family member and friend that has been touched by these tragedies that our area has faced in the past couple weeks. Part of me is so thankful that our crew has only been called to one of them and that the other two were in different townships. I am not sure how much direct involvement I could take right now.... each person in each of these three tragedies was too young to go. What is going on??

5 comments:

Fifi said...

Hello there
I read the newspaper article.... what a tragic story.
I noticed that you are from "rural" New York. What does that mean? My Hubby is making his first trip to New York in November.Hopefully he can start up his company there!
Nice meeting you!
Fifi

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Rural... hmm..... No mall. Ok, that isn't bad. Lots of cows. Everywhere. Farmland all around us. Trees everywhere (not that other places don't have trees..... it's just that probably two acres of our property is trees. Currently we own just over three. Hoping to get more in the near future.) "Town" is a ten minute drive... and that isn't a traffic issue, that is because we are seven miles away from it. Does that help? :)

Bug and Eye said...

I think there's more of them....mom says its yet another sign that we are in the last days....even so - Come Lord Jesus...
you doing ok? it's so hard to have that much heartbreak going on in one community

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Yeah, I'm good. Like I said, just really glad our department was not on scene for the last two accidents, esp the one with the four kids... Love you.

Bug and Eye said...

totally understandable!
love you....C town/village/thing 10.15-17....