Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Birthday Boy

Hard to believe that on this day eleven years ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed calmly talking to our friends. On this day, eleven years ago, I had been in said hospital bed for two weeks, trying to keep a very tiny body inside. Eleven years ago, sitting in that bed, talking to those friends, I had no idea what that little tiny body would be like today. I had no idea how full the joys would be because of him. Our life would not be as full, or as loud, without Bud. So, favorite son of mine, happy birthday. We love you and cherish you and would never in a million years, ever trade you for a turtle. No matter what anyone says.



4 comments:

Bug and Eye said...

11 years flew by...I remember tiny baby, and praying for you as you were in that hospital bed, asking God to keep you both safe....Praise Him over and over...and I still can't get over how big Bud is!

mira said...

awww!!! If Saturday had gone any differently for us, I would probably have noticed that day circled on my calendar and called. So sorry. Happy birthday Bud!

Kimmie said...

Happy celebration...you certainly have reason to. Bless you Bud and sweet family!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Fifi said...

A very Happy Belated Birthday Bud!!! What a stunning pic of mom and son.