Monday, August 14, 2006

Letters of Intent and IHIP'S

Well, after talking to one of my girlfriends, my aunt, E (such a good sis-in-law) and my MIL (all past or present homeschoolers or homeschoolees), I feel ready to face the battle front and jump through the hoops for NY State and our school district... and file my letter of intent to homeschool the kids and send in my IHIP... an Individualized Home Instruction Plan. Sending it tomorrow. We will see what they have to say. :)

The kids are doing well and warming up and remembering all of the fun things they learned last year. So far I give them both an "S". I am sure that within a week or so we will be moving up to an "E" while we finish our review and move on to the new stuff.

I think I might learn a few things along the way...

2 comments:

mira said...

how's it (homeschooling) going? I keep thinking of all the great ways you could incorporate lessons into everyday life, it's rather distracting. Going to the store? OH, the kids could add up the prices! Driving along? OH, geography lesson! Taking a walk? How about some plant identification? etc. I suppose I should start taking notes of all my brainstorms in case I decide to go that route, lol.

Bug and Eye said...

if you happen to have cable or access to it...watching Alton Brown's "Good Eats" is a great science lesson combined with home ec and he usually makes pretty tasty dishes that are simple to make yourself :-)
how goes things my sweet?