Monday, January 11, 2010

At the End of Week One

It has been one week since I started counting points officially enough to share it with you guys again, and progress has been made. Not as much as I was hoping for, but it is still a good start. I will admit that I slipped.... That's right, I hopped on the scale before this morning. *sigh* What can I say, maybe I'm a scale-aholic.... Because I checked before the "official weigh in," I know that I one point (Friday) I was down five pounds. Yup, F.I.V.E. Needless to say, after this weekend, I was NOT down five. My official count is down 3.6 pounds and 1 3/4 inches. Eh. I'll take it.

I was somewhat disappointed in the amount of workouts I was able to get in, but, with the way the week went, three might not be so bad. My goal is to get five in, though. Hubby fixed the Bowflex last night, so I don't need to wait on that, and the elliptical is, of course, always available. I'd like to do three on one, two on the other. I think persistence will be key there. On an up note, I did VERY well drinking water this week! Aside from Saturday, I think I consistently went through two to two-and-a-half Nalgene's a day. EXCELLENT for me!! (Normally I drink ONE glass a day... if that. Not much of a drinker... working on changing that.) Towards the end of the week, I found my body actually craving the water. Yahoo!!

One thing I definitely will be mindful of from now on is to make sure that we do not eat or snack right before bed. Aside from obliterating my points on Saturday (road trip food will do it every time!) we ate right before we went to bed Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and I noticed huge issues there. (Almost two pounds worth... Ack.)

The handy dandy points tracker has a spot at the end where you record your weigh in, and asks "on a scale of one to ten, how would you score your success this week?" I'll give it a five.

3 comments:

mira said...

fixed the bowflex? shh...

I am the complete opposite of a scale-a-holic. which is why I am always surprised when I hop on. At least it usually alternates between a good surprise and a not-so-good surprise.

hooray for water. I need to fill my nalgenes and put them on the counter every morning in order for it to be a habit for me.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

fixed - as in replaced three bolts that were stripped out, therefore causing the "bow-box" to not want to come apart... very strange.

*lol* complete opposite might be a good thing. I've been on it twice today. I know, issues.

Good plan for the nalgenes...

MommyB said...

Congrats any loss is a loss, and you're just starting out so don't be too hard on yourself. Keep up the great work momma. I'm so not looking forward to getting back into the swing of things after baby #2 makes her way here.